On Monday I completed my first year of graduate school. I finished my grading, submitted the grades, and received my own grades. I survived. I more than survived. I love grad school. There’s no doubt that it totally consumes every aspect of my life when school is in session, but I am not complaining.
Since Monday, I’ve done a lots of nothing. Going to the gym. Sleeping. Reading. Watching tv and movies. It’s fabulous. This evening I even sat outside at Starbucks and read till my skin smelled like the sun and turned pinkish. Then after eating dinner, I moved a chair outside my apartment door and continued reading till the sunlight disappeared around 9:15pm.
I’m going to try and get my blog back up and running this summer. I know I’ve been slacking, but without a rigid school schedule to occupy my time I’ll have time to blog.
One other big thing – I will in fact be going to London to do thesis research this summer. I don’t have any details about the trip at the moment, since I only found out the trip was possible about a week ago. Right now I’m aiming to go in September, because flights are significantly cheaper and I’ll be staying for about a week.
The change in circumstances allowing for my London trip, will also allow for a trip back to Florida this summer — which was previously up in the air. I’m looking to come home sometime in August.
Other than that, I will be in awesomely lame Eburg all summer.
Anyway – details to come and blogging will resume.
Here are my lists of summer activities…
Things to do in the next week:
1. Operate on my vacuum.
2. Final long run – 6 miles. Ha. 🙂
3. Start the “No More Trouble Zones” strength training challenge.
4. Read Death of a Salesman for play reading group.
6. Spruce up the apartment
7. E-mail a bunch of people.
8. Get started on my summer school reading.
Things I will be working on this summer:
1. Thesis Research – London Trip Prep
2. Relearning Spanish – I need to be ready for 2nd year Spanish in the fall.
3. Study for and retake the GRE
4. Research and start application process for PhD programs
5. Reading as many scholarly books and plays as possible.
6. Work on grammar.
7. Lose 10 lbs.
Things I am looking forward to:
1. THE ROCK n ROLL MARATHON!
2. My family’s visit … duh!
3. My birthday.
4. Florida! The beach! FRIENDS!
5. A’s visit to the 509.
7. Movie marathons and lots of time to sleeeeeep.
Plays to read:
1. Goodnight Desdemona, Good morning Juliet (reread)
2. Death of a Salesman (reread)
3. Cloud 9
4. Top Girls
5. How I Learned to Drive
6. Six Characters in Search of an Author
7. Long Day’s Journey into Night,
8. Our Town
9. A Streetcar Named Desire
10. Waiting for Godot
11. Glengarry Glen Ross
13. AND MORE!